Walt Disney World is one of the top Destinations for the 4th of July holiday according to TravelPulse.com. This year Walt Disney World has some extra special celebrations picked out just for you, including the last 4th of July performance of “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth” and some yummy red, white, and blue sangria. As always, don’t miss out on one of the two 360 degree fireworks at the Magic Kingdom.
Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
Magic Kingdom Park commemorates the Fourth with brilliant fireworks choreographed to patriotic music. The red, white and blue extravaganza will bathe the sky on both July 3 and July 4 at 9:15 p.m.
- A fuzzy cast of Muppets – Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie Bear and friends will reenact famous moments in American history in a whimsical way during “The Muppets Present … Great Moments in History.” The live show is performed several times daily near the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square.
- Guests can dance the night away with DJs spinning tunes at a Hoedown Throwdown in Frontierland and an out-of-this-world Galactic Gathering in Tomorrowland.
“IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will end its nearly 20-year run on September 30, 2019. So this will be the last chance to experience the patriotic Fourth of July grand finale of this beloved nighttime spectacular. “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks extravaganza will begin immediately following the 9 p.m. “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” display. Here’s more entertainment planned at Epcot:
- The Voices of Liberty will perform great American tunes during a Fourth of July concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. on July 4. The group also will perform in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Guests can meet favorite Disney characters donning their “Spirit of 76” patriotic attire at The American Adventure throughout the day on July 4.
- And guests can indulge in themed eats and sips honoring Independence Day throughout the park – everything from patriotic cupcakes and special dining packages to red, white, and blue sangria and a Boom Berry Lemonade.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
Celebrate Star Wars, a great icon of American culture, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This one-of-a-kind show takes to the sky at 9:30 p.m. nightly.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s newest nighttime show celebrates a connection with nature through light, water and fire. Rivers of Light has two showings nightly, 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
Be on the lookout for special Fourth of July decor at Disney Springs!