5 Tips To Make Your runDisney Race More Magical
I know you are excited about your race in the morning. You probably will even have a hard time falling asleep tonight with butterflies flutter around keeping your mind racing as it gets ready for the firework send off. But before you go to sleep tonight I just wanted to give you a few tips to make your race a bit more magical.
1. GET TO THE RACE EARLY. The old saying goes “The early bird gets the worm” well, the early bird at a runDisney event is less stressed and enjoys themselves much better. You never know what kind of issues you will face in trying to get to the event, there is always a lot of traffic and sometimes the buses don’t run on time. The best plan is to plan on being there at least 1 1/2 hours before race for the 10 K and 2 hours for the 1/2 marathon.
2. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. You need to make sure that you take in plenty of fluids before, during and after the race to keep from getting dehydrated. As a tip for the water stations, don’t stop at the first table, instead bypass the first 2 tables and then grab your water. Not only will this be quicker for you, but will keep the water stations from being congested.
3. WALK TO THE RIGHT. Just like driving your car, if you are slow, keep to the right and allow the runners to run down the middle and to the left. Not only is this safer for you, but is a great way to be kind to the other runners.
4. DO NOT GET CAUGHT AT THE CHARACTER SPOTS. While one of the benefits to doing a Disney race is the characters, spending too much time at the character spots can cause you to lag behind and opens the possibilities of getting swept.
5. HAVE FUN! Disney races are about having fun. With such a large amount of people and all the entertainment on the course, do not plan on setting your personal goal. Just have fun, be kind, run around the walkers because they paid just as much for this experience as you did and lets all have a good time. Sure things will not go perfect, but who cares, just roll with the punches and enjoy yourself.
ENJOY YOUR RUNDISNEY RACE EXPERIENCE!